This means a change in your living situation or income.

While you're living in a Te Āhuru Mōwai home, you will need to let the Ministry of Social Development know straight away about changes in your or your partner’s circumstances as this may affect:

  • How much rent you pay
  • Your continued eligibility for social housing, or
  • The type of housing you are living in

These changes could be:

  • Income
  • People moving in or out of your home
  • Children in your care
  • Ending or starting a relationship
  • New job

For more information about change in circumstances visit the Work and Income website.

If you are on the waiting list for home but you find a house to move to, please let us or the Ministry of Social Development know immediately.

You can request to see all information held about you at any time. Just phone our call centre on freephone (0508) 832 487 or email

Our call centre is open from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.